Back on August 17th, Silas turned another year older! Yes, I am a little behind on my posting, but better late than never. On his pure day, me and the kids took him out to lunch. Jolee asked him that morning, where do you want to go Daddy? But before he could answer she said..make sure it is somewhere that has chicken, sprite, and ranch. The girl knows, what she wants. Silas picked Olive Garden and yes she had chicken with ranch and sprite to drink!
So after we took him back to work, we 3 headed to the store to buy stuff to make his all time favorite dessert for when he got home....an old fashion banana pudding, just like his Granny makes. Many years ago, for one of our Anniversary's I went to his Granny's house, so she could teach me how to make it (because she couldn't give me the recipe, because there wasn't one, she put a little of this and a pinch of that, etc. I clearly remembering telling Granny...we are going to have to measure and write this down for me. I brought it home and surprised him. But enough about how sweet I was for doing that. I told Jolee, that Daddy would much rather have this pudding than a birthday cake. It was really hard for her to understand, why he wasn't having a party and balloons and a pinata. So after trying to explain that, we decided to get candles for the pudding, which made her feel better about the whole not having a party for his birthday thing.She wanted to pick out her own card for her and Brennan to give him. So I said ok. I tried to direct her to the card for Daddy's section, but she didn't like any of those. So she found a Toy Story card in the kid birthday card section and it was all over at that point. She said Mom...Daddy will love it! And when you open it up, you could color in it and she was so excited about coloring it for Daddy. So I said you are right Jolee, Daddy will love it and he will definitely know you picked it out (she is in love, with Toy Story)!
Jolee and Daddy at his little family birthday party! Please notice his hat on his head, Jolee came up with the idea all herself. She made him a band hat!
Jolee and Daddy at his little family birthday party! Please notice his hat on his head, Jolee came up with the idea all herself. She made him a band hat!We tried to make it a special day for Daddy. I did tell him, that I had intentions on stopping to get him balloons and let the kids bring them to his work. But then it hit me...I would have to stop at the store, unload both kids, then get the balloons and some how carry the balloons, carry the car seat, and hold on to Jolee. If I knew they would have meant a lot to him, to get them and all that, I would have done it in a heartbeat to make him feel special. But for him to just go...Oh thanks! So I talked myself out of the whole balloon thing, real fast. I did ask him and tell him my thoughts and he agreed....not worth it!


Looks yummy! Glad Silas had a great birthday!
ReplyDelete