On Saturday August 21st, Jolee had Meet and Greet at her new school. I know you are thinking, what another post about school? But yes, it is. I want to document this very important new step in her life. Reason #1 So I can come back and read it, as she continues to get older and older and grade and after grade. Reason #2 So the grandparents and all of our adopted grandparents to read what's going on in Jolee's life. And reason #3 It's my blog, right?
So Silas, Brennan and I all went with Jolee to her meet and greet. We met her teacher, the class pets, and we met the other children and their families. We got to see exactly where and what she would be doing every day (which helps a Mommy out).
Brennan and Daddy looking so excited to be there. Can you tell, who got Brennan dressed that morning? It's cute, they are in their Bama gear. I'm sure for many, many Saturdays to come, Silas will make sure Brennan and Jolee are wearing their Bama shirts proudly!
The kiddos, also got to decorate their name tags for their tables. Jolee was very detailed with hers as you can see. Every letter was a rainbow color and then stickers to match. She did a great job on it!
Daddy and Jolee went on the playground tour. It was too hot for Brennan, so I volunteered to stay in with him, in the A/C! The sacrifices we Mommy's make.
When we went at the end of last years school year, to check it out, meet with the teacher and that sort of thing. She played with a magnifying glass and since then, when she told someone about the school, she always said...they have a magnifying glass there. So still to this day, she loves that magnifying glass. It's interesting the things, that stick out in kids minds.
My little Pre-Ker!
Jolee's little cubby box. Where I get her papers from the day and where I collect her headbands and hair bows from that day, that she has taken off (probably as soon as I have left). She does say, she can play better with them out.I guess you noticed in the pictures, that she did not have a dress on and she usually does. But she was going horse riding with "her" Hannah after the meet and greet at school. So she had to wear her cowgirl "Jesse" shirt, so she would be ready. And when we got there, one of the bulletin boards was done in Toy Story, so she was super excited that she matched it!
We all had a great time, at her school that day!
Reason #4 you have a bedrest friend who looks forward to your blog everyday. So glad Jolee had a great 1st week. Love Ya, Beth
ReplyDelete